Sunday, March 18, 2018

Homework 11: Collage/Found Poem


Thoughts During Winter in New England; Filled Woods and Empty Hearth



Some say the world will end in fire

I have been one acquainted with the night
The hard snow held me, save where now and then
Through the thin frost, almost in separate stars
Of easy wind and downy flake

Some say in ice.

The dust of snow
If that was your idea, against the breeze
I went to show you how to make it stay
Who was so foolish as to think what he thought

I think I know enough of hate

But ‘twas no make-believe with you to-day, 
Something interposed between our sight
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
Without so much as wishing him good-night.

To say that for destruction ice

One man can’t fill a house
Consigned to the moon,—such as she was
The woods are lovely, dark and deep
I outwalked the furthest city light.

Is also great

And miles to go before I sleep
Nothing gold can stay
Icicles along the wall to keep
At last to learn to use their wings

And would suffice.





Robert Frost Poems Used and Edited:

The Wood Pile (1912)
An Old Man's Winter Night (1916)
The Exposed Nest (1920)
Fire and Ice (1920)
Dust of Snow (1920)
Nothing Gold Can Stay (1923)
Stopping by Woods on a Snow Evening (1923)
Acquainted with the Night (1928)

No comments:

Post a Comment